Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Eve of Home

My last night in Sedona ... and I am feeling so blessed.

I had a *perfect* last day in Sedona, even with waking up at 3:45AM again.  I wonder when that habit will stop?  I forced myself to go back to sleep, and did so fitfully until 7AM. 

My first day post training and I'm proud to say that I did my new morning routine ~ including the entire bathroom routine, 12 Sun Salutations with the chants, and meditation.  It really is a wonderful way to start a day.

Then came the multiple loads of laundry (so grateful to be able to do that here since our washer and dryer is still unhooked and in the garage), and I got 95% packed.  It's CRAZY how much stuff I have here.  I have a feeling that I'll be giving even MORE stuff away when we finally get to move back into our home. 

Kim suggested that I check out the tea lady before I left, and what a pleasant experience that turned into.  I was the ONLY customer in the shop during my time there and I had a great time talking with the owner, Kim, and her assistant, Genie.  Check out the Afternoon Tea that they served to me ~ a yummy Merlot Berry tea, chicken salad finger sandwiches, and a freshly made scone with all of the right creams and fresh preserves.      

 

As we were chatting, I discovered that Genie has been a yoga instructor for over 40 years, is a psychic and is into numerology, astrology, and reading tea leaves.  You can imagine how the conversation continued from there!  I also ended up working on their computer to fix some issues for them, so I felt right at home!  If you ever find yourself in Sedona, or need flowers delivered in this area, I highly recommend you check them out ~

The Jazz Bouquet


Kim and I decided to skip my massage tonight and she graciously accepted my invitation to dinner at Elote's Café. Because it is soooooo popular, we had to wait an hour for a table, but God blessed us with the best sunset I've seen since I've been here.  It was the perfect back drop for my first picture with Kim ~


All of the locals I've met have talked about this restaurant, but I never made it there all month.  Now I understand why everyone raves about Elote's ... it was the BEST Mexican food I have ever had!  Very different from your "regular" Mexican food, and the corn relish ... FABULOUS!!!  Chef Jeff used to have a restaurant in Scottsdale, but closed it and moved to Sedona.  This is a MUST DO when you're in Sedona ~

Elote Café


Jeff is a hands-on chef and very down to earth.  He even delivered one of our dishes to our table personally.


So with a full tummy, an over-packed car, and a heart that is bursting with gratitude, Im signing off for the evening.  It's almost 11PM, and I need to clean my space here and hit the road tomorrow no later than 9.  I have a hair appointment at 2:30 for a trim and a color job, and THEN will go home.  Good news ... the cabinet installation is supposed to start tomorrow, so we'll hold all the right thoughts that it does happen.  I'm excited to see how the remodel is coming along ~ Dennis tells me that we just need the 3 C's:  cabinets, countertops, and carpeting.  And then, of course, we need to MOVE BACK IN. 

One day at a time, heck ~ one MOMENT at a time.  And I'm counting my blessings every step of the way.

I know White Light will carry me safely back to Sahuarita.

With Love,
Diana




 




No comments:

Post a Comment